There is nothing quite like coming face to face with your own fragility to put life into perspective ( a head injury will do that to you). There is something about realising tomorrow is not a given that helps us to let go of our inhibitions and get after the things that set our soul on fire. This is why I started STOKEDNZ!
At our very heart, STOKEDNZ is about PEOPLE & PLANET. We aren't perfect but we are trying and we want to help make a better world! From every item sold we are able to give back to RAD charities doing good both here in New Zealand and the world.
Previously we have donated money to EPIC causes:
1) The Rotorua Mountain Bike First Response unit - Located in the Whakarerewa forest.. This service has been used by many of my friends when they have hit trees / broken bones / heads etc while riding their bikes.
2) We have donated the cost of a bike ($229.13 NZD) to WORLD BICYCLE RELEIF, in support of our Brand Ambassador preparing to cycle across China to raise money for this epic cause... You can read more about that + donate here.
3) In light of Friday15.03.2019, we have decided to donate $1000 to the give a little page set up "to help provide assistance and relief for people, families and communities affected by the terrorist attack in Christchurch".
Sending love to all of those affected!
4) KidsCan is a rad charity doing rad things. It saddens me that in NZ we have a need for this charity, but we do! So we've chucked $300 their way.
5) IHC - a charity very close to my heart. In memory of my very epic uncle.
6) Phillips Search & Rescue Trust $350.
7) Hospice $108
8) Breast Cancer Foundation NZ $335
9) Womens Refuge Rotorua $4,000
10) Rotorua Mountain Bike Club
11) Glendowie Playcentre