Below are the answers to frequently asked questions.
WHAT SIZE SHOULD I GET?
Check out the size charts + some photos of Debs & Her mum showcasing the different sizes here.
WHY TURKISH COTTON? ARE THEY ABSORBENT?
Turkish baths (Hamams) are an important part of the Turkish culture.
This bathing style takes place in a marble covered, sauna type room, the best wash of your life and then an oil massage. In Hamams they give you Turkish cotton towels (made from the same stuff as our Towelies).
Turkish towels are known for their absorbency, fast drying, light weight properties. They are also typically larger than a traditional towel. They were traditionally all hand loomed and many still are today.
STOKEDNZ chosen Turkish cotton for the reasons \ above as well as their versatility. We have been known to use our towels as scarves, picnic blankets, throws on the couch, sarongs, and obviously anywhere you need a towel!
Our STOKEDNZ Towelies and towels also come in a range of epic colours, perfect for gifts, corporate gifts, travel etc
WHERE ARE STOKEDNZ TOWELIES MADE?
All of our Towelies are loomed in Turkey. We personally visited the factory in 2018 & again in 2019. I was stoked to meet the families looming our Towelies. The vibe was epic, they are such talented, happy humans. They are also Okeo-Tex certified.
- Wash each Towelie before use.
- Tighten the tassels before first wash (these are all hand tied in Turkey)
- Bleach not recommended - this will bleach the colours
- Dryer not recommended and not needed - they dry super quick anyway.
- Normal wash under 30 degrees with less than 800 spins per minute. Higher spins can be unforgiving on the tassels.
- No fabric softener - this will leave residue on the fibres and decrease absorbency.
- Periodically wash with a cup of white vinegar to remove residue and improve absorbency.
- I tend to wash my bamboo/cotton Towelie in a bra bag, as the weave is delicate.
HOW LONG WILL MY TOWELIE LAST?
Like everything it depends how well you look after it. The quality of our towels are send to none, so with the right care your Towelie should last you for a very long time.
- Our STOKEDNZ towels and Towelies can hold up to 3 times their weight in water.
- They are more energy efficient than a traditional terry towel as they don't need washing as often and don't need to go in a dryer.
All shipping info can be found here.